We think this is one of the best summer salads for entertaining! This is guaranteed to please even the pickiest of guests! Plus it holds up for at least 3 days and is served room temperature.
Mediterranean Chicken OR Shrimp Salad
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/3 cup equal parts basil, rosemary & thyme
- 1 lb new potatoes
- 1 large eggplant cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1″ squares
- 1 head of garlic, separated, peeled & diced
- 6 oz drained, marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted, oil cured black olives
- 8 oz green beans – trimmed & cut into 3″ lengths and blanched
- 1 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 8 oz feta cheese cut into 1/2″ cubes
- fresh basil or parsley to garnish
- Large Rotisserie Chicken or 2 lb 16/20 count large peeled, deveined Shrimp
Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 3 oz olive oil
- 1 oz balsamic vinegar
- Big pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
Cut eggplant into 1″ cubes, sprinkle with salt and place between paper towels for 30 minutes. Then pat the salt off.
Cut potatoes into cubes, add eggplant, onion, sweet peppers and garlic. Add salt and peppers and olive oil to coat.
Roast in the oven , stirring every 15 minutes until the vegetables hold their shape, approximately 30 – 40 minutes. Toss vegetables with artichoke heats and olives. Let cool to room temperature.
Prepare the vinaigrette and pour 1/2 over the chicken or shrimp & vegetables. Let stand at least 30 minutes.
Just before serving add green beans, chopped basil, parsley, feta cheese and toss thoroughly, adding remaining dressing. Garnish with fresh herbs.